fredag 22. februar 2013

First Day of Testing

Hey all!
So, first day of testing is done, I've sent an email to Asus requesting confirmation that I am, in fact, allowed to do anything with the device to test it. One of the steps will be to root/jailbreak the device. As it runs a quite open android system, the code insertion itself shouldn't be too hard, even for an everyday user;)

What I have discovered so far: Padfone2 ONLY:

*At first sight, the battery drain is awful, as a comparison in usage with my iphone 4, 32gb.
Today, I haven't used the phone half as much as I usually do, as I've been busy, but battery drain have been twice of my iphone 4. BUT, considering that I have yet to discover WHY some apps launch without me asking them to or without going online this is something I can do something with. There are some sinners among the pre-installed apps and of the widgets. I will go in detail if this persists after next full charge cycle.

*There are some compatibility issues with some apps, also for the phone. And the facebook app still tends to live its own life, shame on you facebook app developers!Also shortcuts to newspaper websites etc tends to not fit or adjustable to screen.(yes, I've tried the zoom and all)

*recharging when the phone is off is a nightmare, as there is no charging indicator on the screen, if its charging or not, you can't tell until you switch you phone back on, usually not a problem for most as they all charge with phones on, but still, one might run dry... ;)

*The CAMERA is AMAZING. 13 mp does the trick, lighting is almost always good, pictures look great, ill post some tomorrow:)

*Not yet tested video.

*On the pad, the reduction of megapixels to 0,7mp is quite annoying, they should have put a better camera there. You can get up to 1mp with widescreen shots. Still quite bad, but I guess, videochats and stuff like that could work on most connections.



Tomorrow, I hopefully will have a video or two out...And some pictures, so make your way back here.

Be also sure to check out my twitter, instagram and youtube.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar